Pages

Monday 28 June 2010

Something to (Ho)sho for it


















Lavender Fields in the window of Bells Chemist, Bancroft, HItchin
© Teresa Kirkpatrick 2010

Halfway through the year - how did that happen?  I thought I'd had a quiet six months, with little time to paint, yet I already have enough paintings, along with my floral photo canvases, to stage a reasonable exhibition at Open Studios in September.   Although I haven't been able to take advantage of all the exhibition opportunities which came my way, I have managed to do Art on the Common.  What's more, two of my paintings (Lavender Fields and Paula's Pansy) are currently being displayed in shop windows in Hitchin as part of the Hitchin Art Trail, during the month of the Hitchin Festival.  And a print of Swan is one of the lots at an auction this Friday to raise money for a Da Vinci scanner at Stevenage Hospital.
















Paula's Pansy in the window of Rubarb, Churchyard, Hitchin
© Teresa Kirkpatrick 2010


And last weekend I produced some more reduction linocut prints, this time using Japanese Hosho paper. The ink clings to it like a baby to its mother. I'm still grappling with the colours (remembering too late that I'd intended to mix a pale blue for the background) and the registration is slightly off while I learn to handle this new paper. But on the whole I'm pleased with my progress. Let's hope the next six months is as productive!


red and yellow tulip print

© Teresa Kirkpatrick 2010






1 comment:

  1. Probably the biggest exposure you've had to date in terms of people seeing your works of art on display! The Art Trail is such a fabulous idea. I also think your printmaking skills are coming on in leaps and bounds; the tulips are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete