Pages

Saturday 28 May 2011

street life

violinists underneath Southwark Bridge















I've called today's blog Street Life, but in fact in my latest crop of photos on the run there's not a street to be seen.  They were all taken within the space of twenty minutes on the walk from my office near Southwark Bridge over the river towards St Paul's.  It was 5pm on a Friday evening, and the crowds were out in force enjoying the unusually warm May sunshine.  Naturally, a whole host of vendors and entertainers had come out to join them and make a bob or two: as I walked past the Globe Theatre and Tate Modern and over the Millennium Bridge I couldn't help but be caught up in the festive atmosphere conjured up by the music and the smell of roasting chestnuts.  It was a great start to the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love these - the odd angles and quirky 'poses'; an original view of London life!

    ReplyDelete