Pages

Saturday 16 April 2016

from the archives : Kerry photos



white boats at Waterville
© Teresa Newham

Taking a look back through my photos recently, I found many which I haven't yet shared here on the blog.  This is a selection of some of my earliest Kerry photos, which over the years have been made into posters and cards; the images are so familiar to me that I'd almost forgotten about them.

near St Brendan's Well, Valentia
© Teresa Newham

The titles are largely self-explanatory:  but I cannot for the life of me recall where the one below was taken.  As it's been called Reflections since the outset I suspect that I couldn't remember where I took it by the time I got the camera home . . .


reflections
© Teresa Newham

All the examples here are point-and-shoot, with no set up at all.  Sometimes this technique works and sometimes it doesn't, which explains why I can take several hundred photos even on a short visit.  Most of which end up in the bin - good job it's a digital one!


Ballinskelligs Priory
© Teresa Newham

These pictures date from 2007 and 2008 and were taken with my trusty Canon Digital Ixus, which I still think of as my "new" camera even though it's nearly ten years old.  I should probably  think about getting a new one . . .


the shores of Lough Currane
© Teresa Newham

I hope you've enjoyed seeing at these as much as I've enjoyed revisiting them.  Sometimes it's good to look back and re-evaluate photos with a fresh eye - these seem to have stood the test of time, anyway!


Ballycarbery
© Teresa Newham





2 comments:

  1. Happy memories! I was thinking 'reflections' was from near Daniel O'Connell's house but the water looks a mite too calm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's somewhere near Caherciveen, I think - possibly Coonanna Harbour. But I'm really not sure!!

    ReplyDelete